Monday, March 21, 2011

Phewff the weekend flew by!

Another weekend has flown by!  I will say that I am excited after this weekend.  Jason has been a shift worker for almost 2 years now, which to our family means that Daddy has only been off every third weekend since we moved to Canada.  This weekend Jason was home!  Woohoo!  Even better news, he is starting a course this week and will be working regular 8-4 hours for the next few weeks!  Woohoo again!  Even better then that, in just over a month he will be moving to a day job, which means we will get to see Daddy every weekend now!  WOOOHOOOO!  So this weekend seemed extra sweet because it was a taste of what’s to come! 
Our weekend cannot be described as anything but fantastic.  We finally had a weekend when we were in town and we just got to catch up with many friends and family.  It was so great to get to see friends we have not seen for awhile.  I can’t help but smile remembering all the great company and laughs we had!  Thanks to all the good friends! 

We even had a babysitter on Saturday night and we got to join our great friends out for an evening of sushi.  Great conversation, great company and great food…I could not ask for more!  We had not really planned on going out but our babysitter mentioned she had not been over for awhile and we thought we might as well take advantage of the situation.  It’s so nice to be able to go out for the evening and know the kids are having a fantastic time.  The boys cannot wait for our sitter to come and it’s great to see them smile from ear to ear when they talk about the fun they had while we were getting some adult time. 

I was prepping for the kid’s dinner for the night we were going out and decided that I might as well go ahead and cook a few casseroles to freeze.  I was right in the middle of the massive preparations when Mathew decided that he did not want to play the board games downstairs with Zachary and Daddy anymore and decided to join me.  I know, right off the bat I must admit I was thinking great….how the heck am I going to get this all done with this little extra set of hands that cannot resist getting into trouble.  I put him up on the counter and told him that he needed to be my special casserole helper and the look of excitement in his eyes was amazing.  He sat and helped me do all the prep.  Of course he was not the quickest and he most definitely slowed down the process but it was great to have some one on one time to just chat and laugh with little Mattie.  When you have twins you take advantage of these little moments because they do not happen as often as you would like. 

 

 Wow it was so easy to be able to supervise one in the kitchen compared to the two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment