Sunday, March 20, 2011

A green thumb?

The weather is quickly warming up and the kids are starting to get anxious to partake in some of our spring activities.  It's amazing how everything seems like so much more fun when the sun is shinning!  Last year the twins and I grew some herbs, peppers and tomatoes.  This year I think we are going to expand our gardening.  I am always looking for good ideas and suggestions.  Window box herbs were perfect for us last year.  We placed them in planters right on our deck.  It was perfect because I could just go outside while preparing dinner and cut our own herbs.  We really enjoyed our gardening last year, it was a great way to spend time together and to teach the kids how to look after things everyday.  They have their own watering cans and would often fight over who’s turn it was.  This year I am one step ahead and am going to start the seeds inside the house and try and get them started instead of buying the pre-started seeds.  I am just beginning to research this so any help any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are some of the supplies I picked up this weekend.  It's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment