Thursday, March 30, 2017

Birthday Wishes

Yesterday I celebrated another birthday.  The boys school was actually cancelled due to snow yesterday so they stayed home for the day with us and celebrated.  We played some games and activities during the day and the boys decorated my bedroom with birthday decorations.  It was nice to have all the kids home with me during the day.  I was spoiled again with way too many gifts and of course the meal and dessert was my choice.

Maybe I am starting to get emotional because I know our time here in Alaska is nearing an end but I can honestly say that I sat down many times yesterday with the boys and read through the birthday wishes that all you guys had sent me on Facebook and in email.  It was so incredible to read the wishes that everyone sent and to explain to them how I became friends with each of them.  It was an incredible walk through memory lane as I read each message and thought of each and every one of my friendships and memories.  I really am blessed to have met so many great people along the way. Each of you have made my life a little bit better and honestly, each birthday wish added to my day.

I am so grateful for all the love that surrounds me and here's hoping the next year around the sun is as good as the past one :)





No comments:

Post a Comment