Sunday, March 25, 2018

Needles are Flying

The sewing machines have finally made their way out of storage since our move.  They have recently become somewhat permanent fixtures on a table at the side of the living room.  I love being able to create things.  There's a sense of satisfaction when a sewing project turns out like the vision you had. Since having the girls it has been so much fun to visualize different styles of outfits and make them a reality.  Here are a couple of my favorites so far.



I have made the girls many blankets and sleep sacs but recently I have become more interested in making new outfits.  My girls are pretty petite so it's an added bonus that I usually meld together the different sizes of patterns to make it fit them perfectly.

I have met a few friends locally who are also interested and sewing and we have started getting together weekly to work on projects.  It has been great to have the adult conversation and friends to work through a part of a pattern if one of us gets stuck.  It has really inspired me to start creating more and more fun outfits.  Can't wait to start showing you guys some of the stuff I have been working on!  

For now I can only offer a sneak peak of a project I am excited to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment