Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Salmon Fishing

I grew up fishing but yesterday was the first time that I have ever been salmon fishing.  We packed up the RV and headed down to the Russian River for the weekend in hopes of having some fun fishing.....and that we did.  The first day there were hardly any fish (we saw others catch them but we came out empty handed).  Father's Day morning was a completely different story though....there were literally thousands of them in the water.  We ended up with a total of 8 fish but laughed so hard in the morning trying to get them it was crazy!  I was in charge of the net.....for anyone who has never netted a salmon before it's a much harder job then you would think.  They move crazy fast so picture me running through the river (with Josh on my back) trying to net the fish who is trying desperately not to be netted hahaha.  The twins even hooked a few on their own and brought them in.  The salmon are crazy because not only do they fight if you catch them they fly out of the water sometimes too! I will definitely be buying chest waders before I go out again as your boots get extremely heavy once they fill up with water! 

I think we will head out again this week.....destination undetermined at this point......to try our luck at it again.  Hopefully the next trips brings as many laughs as the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment