Saturday, September 20, 2014

Time got away on me

Ugghhh.....I honestly have so many things that I have been meaning to blog about...... pregnancy updates, school updates, activity updates, family outings etc but time has just gotten away from me!  Fall is starting to set in now. The beautiful smell in the air, many pumpkin pies have been consumed in our household already, crispness in the air when out walking and many pumkin latté's have made my mornings a little bit more enjoyable :)  No point in rushing the updates I'll just get through them slowly and eventually hahaha.

The big boys ran in a cross country race again this year.  Since I loved cross country running throughout high school, it brought back great memories of being out on the trails again with just the excitement of the races. This year they actually joined the running club that trained before the race so they actually went out about 5ish times to practice.  I was pretty shocked seeing some of these kids run.  The boys were in the 6-8 year old category and did fantastic but most important of all, both finished with a smile and they really enjoyed themselves.  Perhaps next fall when I'm not pregnant I can start running with them again :) ?  What shocked me is these little wee guys ran 1500m, almost a mile and they did it in 6-7 minutes.  Seemed fast to me...made me realize that they are getting into the competitive stages for sports now.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment