Saturday, February 7, 2015

The little things

Our family always tries to enjoy the experiences life has to offer.  We try to teach our children to find joy and appreciate the marvels that the world has in store.  Every once in awhile though, I find myself humbled when I have an 'aha' moment.  The moment this time was with our barely two year old.  Sometimes you get caught up in the mundane tasks and forget to find the joy in the simplest of things.  This specific morning, Joshua and I were sitting at the table having breakfast after the big boys had been dropped off at school.  This is usually when the breakfast table is tidied up before we can get on to the activities of our day.  For some reason this day, he and I were lingering at the table longer then normal and all of a sudden he started laughing hysterically when he realized that he could see his refection in the kettle.  He laughed and chatted to himself for about 5 minutes in the kettle and then the laughter only increased when he realized he could see "mama" in the kettle too.  I made a silly face towards the kettle and his laugher became hysterical screams of joy.  Toys, books, lessons would all have to wait because my boy and I were enjoying some quality time together!  Who says clearing the table can't be fun?  Thanks for reminding me to take a look at the ordinary and make it extraordinary little man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment